Who can Apply?
for Advanced Certificate Course
- Those who have passed six subjects of GCE (OL) Examination or NVQF level III qualifications
- Credit pass for the Science is compulsory
for Diploma Course
- Passing three subjects in the GCE (AL) Examination* (preferably subjects of Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Agriculture, Subjects of Technology stream, Mathematics, Geography, Economics, Sociology) or
- The NVQF level IV or equivalent qualifications* or
- Passing the Advance Certificate level in Biodiversity and Ecosystem Management or
- Any other equivalent qualifications or experience in the relevant field or professional qualifications that will be considered on a case by case basis, by the Board of Studyof Agriculture with the approval of the Senate of University of Ruhuna.
- Pass for English in the GCE (O/L) Examination
* Applicants from 1 & 2 categories need to pass the qualifying examination conducted by the Board of Study.
Course information available at
- Department of Agricultural Biology, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Ruhuna, Mapalana, Kamburupitiya.
- Director, Biodiversity Secretariat, Ministry of Mahaweli Development and Environment, Battarwmulla.
- National Coordinator, Project Management Unit, Plant Genetic Resource Center, Gannoruwa, Peradeniya.
In Collaboration of the Project of Mainstreaming biodiversity conservation and use in Sri Lanka agro-ecosystems for livelihoods and adaptation to climate change (BACC) funded by United Nations Environment Programme (GEF/UNEP) under Ministry of Mahaveli Development and Environment and implemented by Department of Agriculture.